Marketing & Development Manager
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County is seeking a proven leader to work in collaboration with executive leadership to advance our mission, and to engage all internal and external constituencies in relationships through effective communication, innovation and coordinated marketing and development strategies.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of a coordinated, comprehensive annual giving program including strategies to incorporate alumni, e-campaigns, giving societies and donor database management to increase new sources of revenue and increase average gift support and ROI.
- In conjunction with leadership, plan and implement multiple annual direct mail appeals with a high degree of customization and emotion.
- Assist with determining and implementing strategy for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment and stewardship of annual giving prospects and donors with the goal of increasing annual operating income and broadening the base of support.
- Create, produce and coordinate stewardship plan to educate, engage, inspire and articulate impact to our donors. Work with Chief Development Officer to identify major gift prospects to cultivate through the moves management process to build long-term enriching relationships between donors and BGCMC.
- Provide support for various fund raising projects, events and initiatives as assigned.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop and implement creative marketing and communications plan and maintain procedures for marketing and public relations materials consistent with Boys & Girls Clubs of America brand standards utilizing all media channels and in coordination with the National marketing and advocacy initiatives.
- Ensure marketing and public relations strategies build appreciation and support of Club programs, services and activities, and to increase participation by youth in the community.
- Develop and manage annual marketing budget and seek funding sources for marketing projects.
- Create and implement strategic external communications including website design and maintenance, newsletter, e-newsletter, program initiatives, annual reports and speeches and all social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) with input from leadership.
- Communicate regularly with Club staff to identify newsworthy opportunities to promote Club activities, and attend Club events with media presence to facilitate the public message.
- Develop and maintain good public relations with local media contacts, members, families, alumni, community leaders and youth serving professionals executing press releases, photo opportunities and stories to local media, Chambers, etc.; take photograph as needed.
- Coordinate and advise all staff on communications and public relations issues to include weather, disaster, Club closings and parental communications. Approve all Club-produced flyers and communications prior to distribution.
- Measure and analyze results of marketing and communications outreach initiatives to determine effectiveness.
- Assume additional duties and special projects as assigned.
Personal Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately in written and oral communications. Excellent writing skills are essential.
- Must be creative and have excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Must understand the importance of building life-long relationships and serve as an advocate for donors, alumni and friends.
- Must have experience working with diverse individuals.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required. Must be a self-starter and resourceful.
- Experience with social media, marketing, website design and maintenance.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and pay attention to details and accuracy.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in related field.
- Experience working at a non-profit with emphasis on marketing, development, communications, donor relations, stewardship and cultivation desired.
- Familiarity with Donor Perfect or other donor management software preferred.
- Well-developed written and oral communication, organization and time management skills, focused on planning, implementation and collaboration are critical; ability to facilitate communication with media and public on pertinent or sensitive issues.
Location: Hobe Sound, FL
Maintenance Coordinator (part-time)
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County is looking for a self-directed leader to maintain our clubs facilities. This person would be responsible for completing daily custodial and minor repair duties while prioritizing workload to ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs custodial tasks, such as, emptying and cleaning waste receptacles, washing windows, disinfecting doors, cleaning air filters, changing light bulbs, and ensuring the clubs are clean and attractive daily.
- Secures and locks the club up after cleaning is complete.
- Clean, sanitize and restock bathrooms daily inside and out (possibly more than once per day depending on activities). Clean countertops, floor and stock paper items.
- Mop or sweep all floors daily. Vacuum all offices with carpeting daily and deep clean carpets quarterly.
- Replace and maintain indoor lighting and clean fixtures monthly.
- Responds to emergency situations to resolve and prevent injuries or hazardous conditions and prepares work-site safety setup.
- Provides set up and removal of tables, chairs and other equipment for events, daily meetings and classes. Wash chairs and tables as necessary.
- Empty trash inside building daily and ensure that trash is picked up outside of the building.
- Keep an inventory list of supplies for the building including all chemicals.
- Strip and wax floors semi-annually.
- Keep walls cleaned and paint when necessary.
Complete other duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- High School diploma or GED (or working towards).
- Knowledge of basic maintenance, plumbing and minor repairs.
- Ability to assess and prioritize maintenance needs.
- Ability to independently carry out assignments to completion.
- Knowledge of and ability to use materials, methods and equipment used in general maintenance work.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Locations: Hobe Sound, Port Salerno, Palm City & Stuart
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour
Stuart Bus Driver (Part-Time)
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County is seeking a Bus Driver who would be responsible for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the children, staff and volunteers during transportation to and from the Club. This individual will guarantee that the bus is in proper working condition at all times, must follow safe bus routes and maintain all transportation records required by the Club.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations.
- Drive gasoline, diesel, or electrically powered multi-passenger vehicles to transport members
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Follow safety rules as members are boarding and exiting buses.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled neighborhood locations.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Maintain order among members during trips, in order to ensure safety.
- Prepare reports that may include the number of passengers, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, and/or fares received.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED (or working towards).
- Must have a valid CDL Class B license
- Must be passionate about working with kids, experience is a plus.
- Must be able to pass a level II background check and drug screen.
Pay: $15.00 per hour with a guaranteed four hours of pay on every school day worked
Schedule: This is a part time position with hours between 1:30 pm and 6:00 pm on school days. Additional hours to be worked on non-school days and during summer break.
Other opportunities for positions will be announced on our website as they become available. For general information about our Club and locations, please click here
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.